- Solving (NP) hard problems in practice, particularly combinatorial optimisation and graph theory
- Symmetries in hard problems.
- Parallel branch and bound.
Publications and Conference Papers
- Ciaran McCreesh, Patrick Prosser: Reducing the Branching in a Branch and Bound Algorithm for the Maximum
Clique Problem. To appear at CP 2014 (author-final PDF)
- Ciaran McCreesh, Patrick Prosser: An Exact Branch and Bound Algorithm with Symmetry Breaking for the
Maximum Balanced Induced Biclique Problem. CPAIOR 2014: 226-234 (DOI, author-final PDF)
- Ciaran McCreesh, Patrick Prosser: Multi-Threading a State-of-the-Art Maximum Clique Algorithm.
Algorithms 6(4): 618-635 (2013) (DOI, PDF)
Tech Reports and Short Notes
- Ciaran McCreesh, Patrick Prosser: The Shape of the Search Tree for the Maximum Clique Problem, and the
Implications for Parallel Branch and Bound. (2014) (arXiv)
- Ciaran McCreesh, Patrick Prosser: Greedy Graph Colouring is a Misleading Heuristic. CoRR abs/1310.7741
- Ciaran McCreesh, Patrick Prosser: Distributing an Exact Algorithm for Maximum Clique: maximising the costup.
CoRR abs/1209.4560 (2012) (arXiv)