- Solving (NP) hard problems in practice, particularly combinatorial optimisation and graph theory
- Symmetries in hard problems.
- Parallel branch and bound.
Publications and Conference Papers
- Ciaran McCreesh, Patrick Prosser: The Shape of the Search Tree for the Maximum Clique Problem, and the
Implications for Parallel Branch and Bound. To appear in ACM Transactions on Parallel
Computing. (Preprint via arXiv).
- Ciaran McCreesh, Patrick Prosser: Reducing the Branching in a Branch and Bound Algorithm for the Maximum
Clique Problem. CP 2014: 549-563 (DOI, author-final PDF)
- Ciaran McCreesh, Patrick Prosser: An Exact Branch and Bound Algorithm with Symmetry Breaking for the
Maximum Balanced Induced Biclique Problem. CPAIOR 2014: 226-234 (DOI, author-final PDF)
- Ciaran McCreesh, Patrick Prosser: Multi-Threading a State-of-the-Art Maximum Clique Algorithm.
Algorithms 6(4): 618-635 (2013) (DOI, PDF)
Tech Reports and Short Notes
- Sylwester Arabas, Michael R. Bareford, Lakshitha R. de Silva, Ian P. Gent, Benjamin M. Gorman, Masih
Hajiarabderkani, Tristan Henderson, Luke Hutton, Alexander Konovalov, Lars Kotthoff, Ciaran McCreesh, Miguel
A. Nacenta, Ruma R. Paul, Karen E. J. Petrie, Abdul Razaq, Daniël Reijsbergen, Kenji Takeda: Case Studies
and Challenges in Reproducibility in the Computational Sciences. CoRR abs/1408.2123 (2014) (arXiv)
- Ciaran McCreesh, Patrick Prosser: Finding Maximum k-Cliques Faster using Lazy Global Domination. CoRR
abs/1408.6485 (2014) (arXiv)
- Ciaran McCreesh, Patrick Prosser: A Parallel Branch and Bound Algorithm for the Maximum Labelled Clique
Problem. CoRR abs/1407.7061 (2014) (arXiv) (Submitted to
- Ciaran McCreesh, Patrick Prosser: Greedy Graph Colouring is a Misleading Heuristic. CoRR abs/1310.7741
- Ciaran McCreesh, Patrick Prosser: Distributing an Exact Algorithm for Maximum Clique: maximising the costup.
CoRR abs/1209.4560 (2012) (arXiv)