I am a member of the Centre of Computer Science Education
, the Formal Methods
research group within the FATA
and the Understandable Autonomous Systems
Modelling complex, concurrent systems such that they are amenable to rigorous property analysis is central to my research. My expertise lies in
Formal Modelling and Analysis for interdisciplinary research, often leading to new theoretical results, while validating existing ones.
My core formal modelling and analysis research interests include quantitative automata, Markov models, process algebra, stochastic model checking, term and graph rewriting,
My interdisciplinary research to date encompasses areas such as:
- Human-Computer Interactions (user models, analytics for interactive systems)
- Communicating Systems (autonomous systems, vehicular networks, security protocols, sensor networks, smart water networks)
- Computational Social Science (social group interactions)
- Computational Biology (biochemical networks, membrane systems)
- Stochastic games
My publications are listed on this webpage, as well as on Google Scholar, DBLP, and ORCID.
The Temporal Usage Analytics tool for interactive systems is available on GitHub.
News and Activities
- Dec 2020: PC member of the Demos and Video Track of the 17th International Conference on Intelligent Environments (IE 2021), 21-24 June 2021.
- Oct 2020: Member of the organisation committee of ICALP 2021 - the 48th International Colloquium on Automata, Languages, and Programming - 12-16 July 2021, Glasgow, UK.
- Sept 2020: I started my Lecturer position with the School of Computing Science, University of Glasgow! I am associated with the Centre of Computing Science Education, the Formal Methods research group within the FATA research section, and the Understandable Autonomous Systems research theme.
- March 2020: Member of the Steering Committee and the Programme Committee of the 9th edition of DataMod 2020 (From Data to Models and Back), virtual event, 20 October 2020, co-located with CIKM'20. Deadline for submissions: 28 August 2020.
- March 2020: PC member of the 2nd International Workshop on Cognition: Interdisciplinary Foundations, Models and Applications (CIFMA2020), virtual event, 14 September 2020.
- Jan 2020: PC member of the 9th Workshop on the Reliability of Intelligent Environments, Madrid, Spain, 22-23 June 2020.
- Nov 2019: Co-organiser of the Scottish Theorem Proving Seminar (STP'19) taking place on 12 December 2019 at ICMS, Edinburgh.
- Oct 2019: Paper to appear in IEEE Transactions on Games (2019): "Balancing Turn-Based Games with Chained Strategy Generation" co-authored with William J. Kavanagh (lead), Alice Miller, and Gethin Norman.
- Oct 2019: Presented work on "Interpreting Probabilistic Models of Social Group Interactions in Meetings" at DataMod'19, Porto, Portugal.
- Oct 2019: Outreach activity at the Kelvindale Primary School, Glasgow, Primary 2,3 & 4 children, for "My World of Work Showcase" on being a researcher in Computing Science and binary numbers.
- Sept 2019: Tutor for the 2nd edition of the Computing Science Workshop on Cryptography part of the Quantum Technology School for secondary school children. Activities based on "Computer Science Unplugged".
- May 2019: Co-organiser of the SICSA-sponsored first Scottish Seminar on Formal Modelling, Verification, and Synthesis (SFMoVeS'19), Glasgow, UK, 9 September 2019, co-located with QEST'19.
- May 2019: Local organisation chair for the 16th Intl. Conference on Quantitative Evaluation of SysTems (QEST 2019), Glasgow, UK, 10-12 September 2019.
- May 2019: PC member of the 1st Workshop on Cognition: Interdisciplinary Foundations, Models and Applications (CIFMA'19), Oslo, Norway, 17 September 2019, collocated with SEFM'19.
- April 2019: PC member of the 8th Workshop on Formal Methods for Interactive Systems (FMIS'19), Porto, Portugal, 7 October 2019.
- March 2019: My paper "Interpreting Computational Models of Interactive Software Usage" co-authored with Muffy Calder, Matthew Chalmers, and Alistair Morrison was accepted at the ACM CHI workshop Computational Modeling in Human-Computer Interaction.
- Feb 2019: PC member of the 8th Workshop on the Reliability of Intelligent Environments (WoRIE'19), Rabat, Morocco, 24 June 2019.
- Jan 2019: Co-organiser of the 8th International Symposium "From Data to Models and Back" (DataMod'19), Porto, Portugal, 7-8 October 2019.
- From Sept 2020: Lecturer in Learning, Teaching, and Scholarship (LTS), School of Computing Science, Centre for Computing Science Education, University of Glasgow.
- 2016 - 2020: Research Fellow (S4 research programme ), School of Computing Science, University of Glasgow.
- 2011 - 2017 : Research Associate (Populations research programme), School of Computing Science, University of Glasgow.
- 2011 : Postdoctoral Research Assistant (VPS project), School of Computing Science, University of Glasgow.
- 2009 - 2011 : Postdoctoral Research Assistant (SIGNAL project), School of Computing Science, University of Glasgow, UK.
- 2005 - 2008: PhD in Computer Science, INRIA Nancy - Grand Est (Pareo team), INPL, Nancy, France, supervised by Hélène Kirchner.
2005: Summer intern, INRIA Nancy - Grand Est (Pareo team), INPL, Nancy, France, supervised by Hélène Kirchner.
- 2004 - 2008: Teaching Assistant, Faculty of Computer Science, Software Systems Department, "Al.I. Cuza" University, Iasi, Romania.
- 2003 - 2005: MSc in Distributed Systems, Faculty of Computer Science, "Al.I. Cuza" University, Iasi, Romania.
- 1999 - 2003: BSc in Computer Science, Faculty of Mathematics and Computer Science, University of Bucharest, Romania.